- Chronic Illness and Caregiver Support
- Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy from Nova Southeastern University
- Current Doctoral Candidate in Marriage and Family Therapy at Nova Southeastern University
When you’re looking for help, it’s a big step, and I assure you, you’re in the right place. I talk to individuals, couples, families and groups about all kinds of life issues, exploring relationships and the dynamics of you and what you’re going through. First insight, then change. That’s how I help. Plus I have highly personalized approaches for both adults and children. I welcome the individual as well as the whole family!
I am specially trained to work with families and individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, age groups, religious affiliations and sexual orientations.
- Solution Focused : Once the problem is deconstructed, I focus our conversation on finding solutions.
- Strength Based : With the right guidance and conversation, I believe everyone has the strength to solve their own problems, heal, and change. Everyone, including you. Let’s review your previous successes, find what works and move forward with those key pieces.
- Brief Therapy: From a strength-based approach, I help people use what is natural to them, which greatly reduces the timeline of change. Session timelines then are usually just a few weeks or months, instead of years. However any time you’d like to check in after we’ve worked together is ok.
- Narrative Therapy: If we think about our lives as narratives, or stories, it allows us to envision storyline, characters, plot, genre and ultimately outcomes such as ‘peaceful transitions’ ‘love conquers all’ and ‘happy endings’. It is entirely our choice on how the story ends. Let’s first talk about your current problem-filled story, then leave it behind and create a new one with lots of room for creating the story that fits you better.
- President of the Broward Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (BAMFT)
- Member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Member of the Collaborative Family Healthcare Association (CFHA)
Appointment Information and Finances
- Free 15 minute phone consultation ($50 value)
- 50 minute weekly sessions OR longer sessions available
- Pay by cash, Paypal, credit card, debit card
- AT LEAST 24 hours notice to cancel or reschedule
- Sessions secured on a weekly basis
Call Aprile now for a free phone consultation and to schedule an appointment! (954) 774-2500